Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Training the Physical, Building The Spiritual

What an amazing day I have had!  Today was the first day of training here in Mongolia.  The pastor of Hope Assembly of God told us he did not know how many people would come to the trainings.  We arrived this morning, and I would say there was close to 150 people who showed up to learn Children's Ministry!  We were so excited!

The morning started with Jay Risner doing an opening session, and then we went into workshops.  David taught a class, and I taught a class on "Puppet Manipulation". (How to work a puppet)...Would you believe that out of the 150 people that were there, only about 4 of them had ever even USED a puppet???? I was blown away!  What an amazing opportunity to know that I was teaching them a brand new concept that would be able to help change Children's Ministry in Mongolia FOREVER!  Such a humbling experience.

We then had lunch at the the church, and prepared for the next set of workshops.  Jay taught on Object Lessons, while David and Mary taught on how to use simple puppets to teach kids.  I helped David and Mary, and ended up making a sock puppet with banana peel hair! haha..David says in the middle of the workshop "Aaron, take this sock and make a puppet out of it to show everyone"...So I did! haha...

After that, we began to choose people for the real purpose we are here...to do a children's crusade called "KidQuest".  This program was designed by several of the National Leaders, along with some missionaries from Mongolia.  It is similar to what I do during the summer...3 nights of kid services.  It has now become an international ministry tool, used in many different countries to reach children.  So, we all have a different segment of the crusade that we are supposed to train people from Mongolia to do.  Then, on Friday and Saturday, they will perform 2 of the 3 nights of the crusade for a huge group of kids right outside of the city!

So, we had auditions today for clowns, illusionist, game directors, and T.J. the Tiger (thats my segment)..haha...We finally got everyone picked, and started training.  It was a bit challenging, being the only one who speaks good english, especially when my translator is not even very good with her english! haha...but, it was a blast!  Finally, I realized one of the guys was shaking his head after I said the english part.  So, I said "how much of what I am saying do you understand?" He looks at me and says, "All of it!" hahaha...thank God! So that made things a lot easier! hahaha...I had a great time teaching!

It is such a rewarding feeling to know that what we are teaching them in these few days will go on to further Children's Ministry all over this country for years to come.  Even the simple things that we overlook in ministry sometimes are like gold to them.  I am so excited and humbled to know that God chose me to be a part of something so much greater than myself!

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us!  My health is MUCH better...I am feeling 100 percent better!  PRAISE THE LORD!  Continue to pray for the mighty move of God while we are here!  I pray all is well at home!  Sweet dreams..I mean, have a good day! haha...

7 comments:

  1. Praise God that you are feeling better. May God continue to bless you, and your precious ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Aaron this sounds amazing!!! I am so proud of you and everything you are accomplishing in the ministry! Jalyn and I are following your blog:) we love you and you are in our prayers daily. I know God is going to continue to do awesome things!! -jennabrooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better! Praying for you!
    Jessica:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like everything is realy going good. Your Mother is in meetings and I am waiting for her to get out so we can go to lunch. We will go to Branson tonight and then head home. We are proud of you and praying for you and the team. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see and hear all about it.

    Love Daddy & Mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying your posts. I am also lifting you & the rest of the group up to the Lord each day. I was cleaning yesterday and helping Anthony pack and came across the first puppet I ever bought from you about 10 to 12 years ago. I kept him out and thought I would see if you could use him in any way. Maybe he could make a trip to Mongolia to live and be friends with some new children? I'll get up with you when you get back. Keep up the good work. Faye Berkley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed your posts. As I was helping Anthony pack I came across the first puppet I ever bought (one from you) and I wondered if you might could use it. It would probably like to go to Mongolia and live with the children there. I'll get up with you when you get home. Continue to do the work the Lord has blessed you to do. I'll continue to lift all of you up to God. Faye Berkley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaron, I'm so glad you're feeling better. And I can feel the excitement in your blog & knowing how much you love what you do-I know you're havig a great time. I'm sooo proud of you and what God is doing thru you. Love you, Aunt Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following me on my Journey! Due to my extensive traveling, I will be commenting from here.