Monday, August 9, 2010

"Hello" From The Other Side Of The World!

WOW! I am finally able to blog once again!  We have successfully made it to the beautiful country of Mongolia!  I was not able to blog while in Beijing, because of the internet restrictions their in China.  But, Praise God, I can in Mongolia!

I do not even know where to begin, sharing about what has already happened on my trip.  So, let's just start from the beginning.  I flew out of Pensacola very early on Thursday Morning, headed to Memphis.  Once there, I met up with David and Mary Boyd (the National BGMC Directors).  The 3 of us then flew to Seattle, Washington where we met up with our two other team members: Judy (a children's worker from Michigan) and Brian (a Children's Pastor in Las Vegas).  Once together, we had a 9 hour layover in Seattle, so we had hotel rooms to rest...it was already needed...by Thursday at 9:00, we were boarding our eleven and a half hour flight to Beijing, China!  What a night that was!  We finally arrived in Beijing at midnight on FRIDAY NIGHT (their time)!! haha...talk about confusing the body! We got to our wonderful hotel around 2 a.m., and crashed for the night.

The next day was unbelievable!  We got up and, after a delicious breakfast, headed to THE GREAT WALL!!!! I was sooo excited!  Who knew that at 21 years old, I would have the opportunity to experience something so awesome!  We rode a chairlift up, and then took off climbing.  I was the first person to ever take Buddy Barrel on the Great Wall!!! :)....We then rode toboggans down the side of the mountain to the bottom! That was an experience in itself!  Once we left, we went to a restaurant, where we had some typical Chinese food...uh ummm....(those who know me, know that I love my Chinese food back home)...well, needless to say, I didn't love this...haha...I was o.k., but just not my favorite thing to eat.  We then headed back, and got some rest.

On Sunday, we went to BICF (Beijing International Christian Fellowship).  This is a church for "foreigners" to attend.  We had the opportunity to have lunch with the Senior Pastor and his wife...(tell you more about them at home)...This church holds 8 services every Sunday.  Several different languages are the reason for so many services.  We went to the Praise an Worship of the Mandarin Chinese service.  I have never experienced something so amazing in all my life.  To stand in an auditorium, with several hundred Chinese people, listening to worship that I have no idea what is being said, but to feel the presence of God so real, and so strong, that I could not help but join in worship, and weep in the presence and spirit of my God, who is the same God very present in Beijing, China!  Such an awesome experience!  We then heard the pastor preach in the English service, where there was probably 850 to 1,000 people in attendance.  What a day! We then had a great lunch, and headed to the Hard Rock and Harley Davidson Shop.  We then went shopping at the "Pearl Market".  That was an interesting experience.  "Special For You Today"!!!! haha...We had a great time...and then, for the big finally of this day, we had a foot massage!  What a way to wrap up the day!

We then got up early this morning, and boarded the flight for Mongolia.  It is good to finally be here, where we will be ministering for a week.  We will be teaching workshops each morning to approximately 200 Mongolians, and then showing them how to do KidQuest, a kids crusade, each afternoon.  We will do that tuesday through Thursday.  And then, they will present this crusade on Friday and Saturday under a huge tent, that holds about 2,000 kids!  So, we teach them how, and then they do it!  So, that way, we know it will continue long after we leave!  How exciting!  We are truly apart of history here in Mongolia!

Please keep us in your prayers over the next 8 days.  I was very sick before we left on our trip.  I had to go to the doctor, and I was a little worried about traveling, but I came anyways.  The first few days was a little tough...I tried to hide it well, not wanting to mess up anyones trip, but I was truly sick.  But, God has really giving me a healing over the past day and a half, and I am so thankful for that!  I am feeling much better today, and have much more energy (which I need a lot of for this week)!  But, please just continue to lift us up in your prayers, as we make a difference on the other side of the world for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!  Mongolia, here we come!

11 comments:

  1. Hey Aaron! Love the blog (and all the pics on FB).

    Praying for a healthy body for you as you minister and teach others!

    Many blessings to you!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT to hear from you. We love you and are very proud of you. Glad you are feeling better. We are having a good time here. Keep us posted on your experience. We are praying for you and the team. Tell Buddy Barrell a big hello from his home in Springfield. Church was good at home yesturday. I think you had over 100 kids total. 558 in morning worship. P.T.L.

    Love Ya, Daddy & Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Roner!
    So happy to hear from you. I am praying for you and hoping that you feel better each day!
    Love,
    Liddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are doing better. We will be watching the blog to see how things are going. We are praying for you Bro. Aaron. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ronner,
    Glad to hear that you are safe and sound. I am praying that you will continue to feel better every day.
    Love, Liddie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You, and the others are being lifted high up in my prayers. Blessings and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey SWEETS! I have been thinking of you and praying! It is good to see you back on here again. Take it easy on the "food"....praying for your complete healing! God is with you and little Buddy Barrell! Love the pictures on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaron, Glad to hear u r feeling better. Love the blog, U R in our prayers, can't wait to hear more.
    When you get home we fill fix you up with some of that "Macaroni Stuff" Love ya bunches !!
    Tony, Cathy & Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaron, glad to finally find your blog. You're doing a great job, sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. Lots of folks are praying for you, we want you at your best with lots of energy when you share Jesus. Love you, Aunt Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey Bro. Aaron it is so exciting to hear what you are experincing... we are praying for you and the team.. glad you are feeling better...will keep checking on you!! love ya The White family

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following me on my Journey! Due to my extensive traveling, I will be commenting from here.