Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dreams Can Come True!

What a Sunday it has been!  IT isn't every day in the states that I get to do the things I did today!

The day started off with Kid's Church at Hope A/G.  It was awesome! There was about 60 kids, and we had a great time!  We did some of their worship music (which was all in english!) and then I taught on the Joy of the Lord!  I did games, puppets, Illusions, Bible stories, and just had a ball!  I then realized they knew the song "My Redeemer Lives"!  This is a big hit in my kids church, and so after they had done their version, and I learned it, I taught them OUR version!! What a blast! They loved that!  It was such a great experience to minister to all of those children!  They are truly precious in his sight!

After service, we went to BBQ and ate a yummy lunch, and then headed out to the countryside.  As we drove down this really, REALLY bumpy road, I couldn't help but gaze in awe at the creations of my God! It was so beautiful!  There is no way that the pictures will ever show how great it really is!  We then arrived at the newest monument built here in Mongolia...a 40 meter tall statue to Chinggas Khaan covered in stainless steel.  It was him sitting on top of a horse, that you could actually go up in and stand on the top of the horse's head to see the country side!  It was absolutely gorgeous!  You will have to see my pictures on facebook to understand.  I have set all my Mongolia pictures to public view, so even if you do not have a facebook, you can go and look me up and see them.

So, after the statue, we then went to make my dream come true....I GOT TO RIDE A CAMEL!!!! And when I say ride, I do not mean just for a minute.  It started out that way.  We got there and two guys had 4 camels, and a horse.  Just out in the middle of this gorgeous countryside.  Those of us who wanted to ride, hopped on and walked around in circles with them leading us.  I mean, that was fun I guess, but I wanted more! haha...So, we asked them if we could see inside their Ger (which is the little tent homes that a lot of the people live in).  They said yes, and told us to drive up the hill to it, and they would welcome us in.  Well, they went to go on the camels, and so Jared (the Missionary Associate) and myself asked if we could ride the two spare camels.  They said "Yes"!  But, to my surprise, as I got on, he handed me the reigns, and let me go at it all my own!!!!!!!  I learned later that I was very lucky, because they normally will never allow a foreigner to just jump on their animals and ride.  So, we took off across this gorgeous countryside, for the ride of my life!  It was a bit farther than I thought... I got to ride for 2 miles!!! It was so amazing, we were running, and all laughing, just having the best time!  I honestly will never forget that experience.  It was also amazing to get to see inside the home of these people.  there were about 12 people who live in this one little ger!  It was such a cultural experience!

We leave in the morning, headed back to Beijing, China.  I have had the time of my life here in Mongolia.  I will never forget the people we have met, and the opportunity that I have had to pour into their lives.  I cannot wait to see what the next door will be that God will open for me to walk through!  As long as we staying willing to follow, He will always lead us in the right direction.

This is the last blog I will be able to post until I get home.  I do not have access to my blog there, so this is it.  I am so thankful to each of you who have not only read my blog, but commented and lifted me up in prayer.  I truly believe those prayers are what made the difference.  You have helped change the country of Mongolia.  Now, their dreams can come true, too!

3 comments:

  1. Aaron, it's been great reading your blogs and being able to hear what God is doing in and thru you. Although you won't be able to blog anymore on this trip-know that you're in our prayers each day. I pray God will continue to minister thru you and keep His hand on you for the remainder of the trip. Love you, Aunt Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW. Aaron. I am so proud FOR you and OF you. What a blessing you are to so many lives!

    I've caught up on the page and see that you have been MIGHTY busy! I hope that the stomach issues are NO MORE.

    I love and appreciate you...looks like you and I will shoot for a blog lesson when you get rested up! ;) I will help you with your slide show stuff. :)

    I can't wait to see you and hear it all again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my continued prayers, be blessed as you bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following me on my Journey! Due to my extensive traveling, I will be commenting from here.