Thursday, August 12, 2010

Time For The Real Work To Begin!

Today was the final day of workshops and training here in Mongolia.  It was a great day, and we really accomplished a lot.  At the end of the day, we had the dress rehearsal for "KidQuest", which starts tomorrow!!!  We had a great time watching the Mongolians doing the crusade we had trained them to do.  They really caught on quickly, seeing as how they only had 2 and a half days to learn clown skits, illusions, costume characters, games, and dramas! And, on top of that, they have learned all kinds of games that will be played an hour and a half before the service starts....outside in the middle of a field around our huge tent! (Pictures available tomorrow)...haha...

It really was an awesome experience to teach the people here.  We have had a wonderful time, and built some wonderful friendships that will not soon be forgotten.

For dinner, we went to a VERY nice restaurant called "The Bull".  It is a hot pot restaurant where they bring out little pots for everyone with fire under it.  Then they put baskets of fresh vegetables in the table, and you cook those in your pot, in your choice of soup.  Then there is raw meats brought to the table, and you add that to your pot!  You then eat it all up!!! And you can put in little asian Dumplings, and all kinds of things!  There were noodles that were JUST LIKE the noodles at my favorite Chinese restaurant back home!!! OH!! SO GOOD! :)...So, here is the big secret of what I ate tonight....In my pot, I had HORSE MEAT!!!! Believe it or not, it was very good! haha....Not something I want all the time, but the experience was worth it! haha

As you can see, I have a blog about my new friend Sadie! haha...She actually got on my blog today and typed that herself! She thought everyone needed to know about her! haha...She really is wonderful, and has become my little buddy!  Tonight, we celebrated her birthday at the restaurant, and her dad had out the video camera.  He asked her if she wanted to say anything, and she brought him to my end of the table, wrapped her arms around me, and said to the camera "This is Aaron, my new best friend!"...hahaha..She is so sweet! We have had a good time together.  Jay and her head back to the states tomorrow, so keep them in your prayers as they travel.

Well, tomorrow is an early day...We will be at the tent around 9, and set up all the games outside, and prepare everything inside the tent.  The event starts at 11.  We are expecting anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 kids! HOW EXCITING!! Be in prayer that many lives will be touched tomorrow, as the Mongolians present "KidsQuest" for the first time in their country!  I am so excited, but tired, so I will be checking in to Dream World very soon!  Thanks to everyone who has messaged me and commented on my stuff here and facebook...you will never know how much it has meant to me.  I am truly blessed to have the family of christians that I do at home, knowing that I am being lifted up in your prayers.  That means more than words can express.  My prayer is that God will bless each of you for doing YOUR part in this mission.  I send my love to all of you!

p.s.- Mom and Dad, if you read this, comment me or message me on facebook! I haven't heard from you in like 2 days! Im dying! haha..I love you very much! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Aaron, I've loved reading all the things you're doing!What an awesome privilege to be able to take what you love and teach others so they can also win souls in the kingdom. I know you never thought you'd get to do the things you're doing now-but when you're sold out and faithful to God, He has really awesome plans for your life! Great to see you walking in that. Love and prayers, Aunt Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, "The Bull" restaurant sounds a lot like the melting pot(but without the horse meat, of course!)
    I cannot imagine doing a kids crusade for 1000-2000 kids! Maybe God will give our whole team that experience some day. I'm looking forward to the pictures.
    Love ya,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying again to post to you. I tried two times earlier and it would never work. I am glad you are doing better. I am sorry we didn't get to try the horse, ugggghhh. The lady at the Chinese restaurant asked about you today. She said you will have to come and see her and tell her all about it when you get home. It sounds like you have made a new friend. I am glad she got to come with her dad. We can't wait to see the pics of them doing the crusade. We will try to be online tomorrow when you post and maybe we can chat. Give all our love. We love and miss you. Take care. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following me on my Journey! Due to my extensive traveling, I will be commenting from here.